Veterans of the Civil War, 1932
Item Contributed by
Maine Historical Society
Maine's participation in the Civil War is legendary: heroes and heroines, a huge per capita participation rate, nurses, and homefront activities, as well as post-war remembrances.
These pages pull together resources from Maine Memory Network and Maine History Online that explore and illuminate aspects of Maine and the Civil War.
Scroll through this page and use the navigation on the left to find other topics of interest. Each of these items is a link to a fuller exhibit or to a compilation of images and documents about a particular topic.
These pages will be updated frequently, so check back to see what has been added.
If your organization has Civil War related materials you wish to contribute to Maine Memory Network, go to our Share Your Local History section or follow the link below to find out more.
Narrative History, Issues, Teacher Resources
- "1850-1870: The Civil War" - Maine History Online essay, exhibits
- Maine Agency, The Sanitary Commission
- Capt. John Curtis: View From Mobile
- Civil War Weapons
- Finding Katahdin: Civil War Lesson Plans
- Lee's Surrender
- Bounties and the Need for Soldiers
- Enlistments, Passes, Discharges
- What Soldiers Carried and Wore
- Mementos of War
- Bangor and the Civil War